Why Become a DAN Instructor?
When you become a DAN instructor you help build a better trained and skill-equipped diving community. You can develop a highly qualified dive staff, increase your business and show your customers you are committed to safety.
Providing first aid training can help you generate off-season business and diversify your revenue stream. Reaching out to your community at large and teaching them first aid prepares the members of your community to act in an emergency, and it is a great way to introduce them to the world of scuba diving.
After meeting additional prerequisites, you may become a DAN Instructor Trainer. Advance your diving career and help other dive professionals advance theirs by conducting DAN Instructor Qualification Courses.
Strengthen Your Local Community
Reach outside the dive industry and be recognized as an expert in first aid and first aid training by offering DAN First Aid courses to your divers and local community. The skills acquired through DAN’s Instructor and Instructor Trainer programs are ideally suited for training members of sports and recreation leagues, school groups, scouting organizations and volunteer associations. Your expertise in general first aid and CPR will help these groups prepare for accidents or injuries that may occur during their activities.
Be a Leader in the Dive Industry
Divers Alert Network (DAN) has long been recognized as the world’s leading dive safety association. When you become a DAN Instructor or Instructor Trainer, you join us in making our sport safer for all divers by preventing accidents, mitigating risks and sharing DAN programs with your students.
Become a DAN Instructor
- Be a DAN member and a DAN Pro.
- Be an active scuba diving leader (e.g., instructor, assistant instructor, dive con or divemaster) with your training agency.
- Find a DAN Instructor Trainer near you to get started.
- Complete the IQC e-learning modules issued by your Instructor Trainer.
- Complete the DAN Core Module.
- Complete the Instructor Module(s) for the course(s) you wish to teach.
- Complete the in-class Instructor Qualification Course (IQC) sessions with your DAN Instructor Trainer.
- Start teaching upon completion of the course and approval by your DAN Instructor Trainer.
Become a DAN Instructor Trainer
- Be an active DAN Instructor who has already taught DAN first aid classes.
- Be an Instructor Trainer with your scuba training agency
- Other options are also available (contact DAN for details)
- Find a DAN Examiner in your area who can provide you access to the online instructor trainer module.
- Complete the ITW elearning module.
- Complete the in-class DAN Instructor Trainer Workshop session with your DAN Examiner.
- Start teaching upon approval by your DAN Examiner.
DAN Instructor Trainers Options:
- DEMP Instructor Trainer — Includes BLS: CPR & First Aid, Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries, Neurological Assessment, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries and Diving Emergency Management Provider.
- Full Suite Instructor Trainer — includes all DAN first aid courses.