DURHAM, NC – February 1, 2023 – Divers Alert Network® (DAN®), the world’s leading dive safety organization, is in search of talented people ready to work to make diving safer.
As diving continues to pick up post-pandemic, DAN is stronger than ever and needs qualified professionals in several key areas to serve our growing international membership. DAN offers competitive salaries, company subsidized health insurance, a generous 401k program, and other employee benefits that show we value our employees. Open positions include the following opportunities to work at DAN headquarters in Durham, North Carolina:
- Call center medic to respond to medical inquiries and emergency calls from divers, travelers, and health care professionals. For more than 40 years, DAN medics have leveraged their training in emergency medicine and diving to provide the emergency assistance on which divers around the world rely.
- Customer relations / insurance agent to respond to questions and provide program details through phone calls and emails. This person should be an excellent problem-solver who can offer support to members and provide a high level of customer service. DAN will cover insurance licensure for qualified candidates.
- Commercial lines insurance agent to help dive businesses meet their insurance needs. This person will develop a comprehensive understanding of DAN’s programs and be able to assess which professional liability and commercial general liability insurance products are best suited to each client.
- Safety services program coordinator to support DAN’s training, safety, and risk mitigation programs. This person will develop new training modules and engage with stakeholders including dive professionals and businesses, technical and training organizations, and recompression facilities.
- Writer to join DAN’s communications team. This person will be responsible for writing dive safety and medical articles and other content to inform and engage divers and promote DAN’s programs, products, and services.
If you have skills that qualify you for one of these positions — or you’re interested in working to make diving safer in any capacity — please submit your resume for our review. To learn more about these jobs and other open positions go to DAN.org/Careers, or email DAN at .
About DAN: The world’s most recognized and respected dive safety organization, Divers Alert Network (DAN), has remained committed to the health and well-being of divers for more than 40 years. The organization’s research, medical services, and global-response programs create an extensive network that supports divers with vital services such as injury prevention, educational programs, and lifesaving evacuations. Every year, hundreds of thousands of divers around the world look to DAN as their dive safety organization. Join the DAN community or learn more at DAN.org.
For more information, contact DAN at +1-919-684-2948 or .