Do you want to make the world a safer place to dive?
We are searching for passionate people like you to join our team and advance our mission of helping divers in need. Working at the world’s leading dive safety association will give you the rewarding career experience you’ve been searching for — and it comes with a host of unique and valuable benefits. Apply today to work alongside the world’s leading experts in dive medicine and safety.
To submit a résumé for consideration, please do one of the following:
- Email it:
- Fax it: +1 (919) 490-6630, Attn: HR/Personnel Department.
- Mail it: HR Department, Divers Alert Network, 6 West Colony Place, Durham, NC 27705 USA
DAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director of Communications
Location: 6 West Colony Place, Durham, NC
DAN is seeking an experienced writer and editor to join its marketing and communications team. This person will be responsible for writing and editing content to inform and engage the diving public and to promote DAN’s brand, programs, products and services via print, digital and social channels. The position, based in Durham, North Carolina, will involve researching and creating original content including news articles, marketing materials, training manuals, feature articles, blog posts, social media posts and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and create original content including news articles, marketing materials, training manuals, feature articles, blog posts, social media posts and more
- Edit articles and posts for accuracy, clarity, consistency, style, format and grammar
- Adapt tone for a variety of audience segments; create relevant and timely content for internal and external publications
- Assist with post development, scheduling and monitoring of DAN’s social channels
- Provide real-time updates to target audiences on social channels and ensure timely responses to posted queries
- Identify ways to better leverage content; recommend/implement technologies that improve content management and workflow; track performance and make recommendations for optimization
- Oversee targeted communications for marketing campaigns; create messaging, assemble content, write copy and edit broadcast emails, brochures, advertisements, catalog copy and direct mailings
- Manage project timelines
- Work with medical, research and insurance departments to ensure accuracy of information and compliance
- Perform other related duties as assigned to support department and organization
- Excellent communication skills with a proven record in original writing for a variety of outlets
- A degree in journalism, communications, marketing or similar area
- Four or more years of experience writing articles, news stories and/or technical and creative copy
- Experience managing social media channels
- Superior copywriting and editing skills; familiarity with AP and Chicago style
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Ability to repurpose content for multiple channels
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous duties and tasks
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Superior attention to detail
- Familiarity with InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop, Media Encoder
- Photographic ability
- Experience shooting, editing and/or producing video
- Scuba diving experience and/or knowledge of the scuba industry
- Familiarity with medical and scientific writing
Posted June 9, 2020