Generali COVID-19 Coverage for DAN
DAN trip and annual travel insurance plans may provide coverage if you, your host at your destination, a travel companion or a family member test positive for COVID-19.
Prior to Departure
- Trip Cancellation coverage for your pre-paid travel arrangements.
During Your Trip
- Trip Interruption coverage for your pre-paid land and water arrangements (such as lodging), plus additional airfare to return home.
- Per trip plans include Travel Delay coverage for overnight lodging, meals, local transportation and other unexpected costs if you or a travel companion get sick from COVID-19 and are delayed for six hours or more.
- Coverage for medical expenses for up to one year, even after you return home, if you get sick from COVID-19 while traveling and need to seek medical treatment or evacuation. Covered expenses include copays, deductibles and out-of-network costs billed by your primary health insurance. Also includes coverage for a companion to visit you if you are traveling alone and hospitalized for more than seven days.
- Access to worldwide Emergency Assistance services, which are available 24/7 should you need help while traveling. Per trip plans also provide you with access to telemedicine services during your trip.
Notice to Travelers
Help protect your trip with travel insurance and receive coverage if you, your host at your destination, a family member, or a traveling companion test positive for COVID-19.
DAN Customer Service
DAN partners with Generali Global Assistance on Trip and Annual Travel Insurance plans.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. ET
+1 (919) 684-2948, Option 3
How to File a Claim
Contact Generali Global Assistance.
Monday–Friday, 6 a.m.–6 p.m. PT
FAX: Nationwide toll free (877) 300-8670
FAX: International +1 (858) 810-2505
MAIL: Generali Global Assistance, P.O. Box 939057, San Diego, CA 92123-9057
DAN Travel Resources
Travel insurance plans are administered by Customized Services Administrators, Inc., CA Lic. No. 821931, located in San Diego, CA and doing business as Generali Global Assistance & Insurance Services. Plans are available to residents of the U.S. but may not be available in all jurisdictions. Benefits and services are described on a general basis; certain conditions and exclusions apply. Travel Retailers may not be licensed to sell insurance, in all states, and are not authorized to answer technical questions about the benefits, exclusions, and conditions of this insurance and cannot evaluate the adequacy of your existing insurance. This plan provides insurance coverage for your trip that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. The purchase of this plan is not required in order to purchase any other travel product or service offered to you by your travel retailers. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker. This notice provides general information on Generali’s products and services only. The information contained herein is not part of an insurance policy and may not be used to modify any insurance policy that might be issued. In the event the actual policy forms are inconsistent with any information provided herein, the language of the policy forms shall govern.
Travel insurance plans are underwritten by: Generali U.S. Branch, New York, NY; NAIC # 11231. Generali US Branch operates under the following names: Generali Assicurazioni Generali S.P.A. (U.S. Branch) in California, Assicurazioni Generali – U.S. Branch in Colorado, Generali U.S. Branch DBA The General Insurance Company of Trieste & Venice in Oregon, and The General Insurance Company of Trieste and Venice – U.S. Branch in Virginia. Generali US Branch is admitted or licensed to do business in all states and the District of Columbia.