Professional Liability Insurance
For active and inactive dive professionals, dive professionals in training, assistant instructors and instructors, DAN Professional Liability Insurance offers coverage up to US$1,000,000 per claim / US$2,000,000 aggregate.
|Professional Type||DAN Member Cost||Nonmember Cost|
|Assistant Instructor/Instructor In Training (Scuba)||$575||$618|
|Divemaster/Divemaster In Training (Scuba)||$575||$618|
|Tail Coverage (Retired Scuba Instructor)||$575||$618|
|Tail Coverage (Retired Divemaster)||$325||$368|
|Included Coverage For Qualified Professionals|
|Tour and Travel Agent Liability||$200||$210|
|Cylinder Inspection Instruction||$433||$510|
|Excess Liability ($2M/$3M)||$725||$767|
*All prices include tax and fees
- Preferred pricing for DAN members
- Coverage available to professionals in all 50 US states
- Worldwide coverage protects you anywhere in the world you train
- Coverage up to US$1,000,000 per claim / US$2,000,000 aggregate
- Excess Liability Coverage raises policy limits to US$2,000,000 per claim / US$3,000,000 aggregate
- Recognized by all major training agencies
- Dive professionals in training are eligible for coverage
- Technical or rebreather endorsements included at no additional charge for qualified professionals
- Add additional insureds at any time
- No-charge to add additional insureds
- DAN World Insurance Group SP offers liability insurance coverage for dive professionals and operators located in the Caribbean and select U.S. territories.
*Rates subject to change without notice.
Technical Dive Training
Coverage for teaching and supervising recreational technical diving activities. Must be an active Technical Instructor.
Coverage for claims for Bodily Injury or Property Damage resulting from a covered occurrence which occurs during the supervision of, instruction in, and orientation to the designated rebreather.
Extends coverage for the instruction or supervision of activities sanctioned by the American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS).
Tour & Travel Agent Liability
Extends coverage to services provided in the role of tour or travel agent, or otherwise arranging activities for customers with airlines, hotels, resorts, dive operators, concessionaires, vendors or subcontractors.
Coverage for claims alleging defective or malfunctioning equipment. Provides coverage to instructors who provide equipment during training. Applies to equipment owned by the insured and used in the insured’s classes.
Cylinder Inspection Instruction
Coverage for training given by a certified instructor in the performance of cylinder inspection services.
Excess Liability ($2 million/$3 million)
Optional coverage increases policy limits to $2,000,000 per claim / $3,000,000 aggregate from the base policy limits of $1,000,000 per claim / $2,000,000 aggregate.
Have liability insurance questions? Explore our extensive knowledge library.
DAN Is Here For You
The world’s best training agencies put DAN on their side.
Liability Customer Service
DAN RRG’s Liability Insurance team is ready to help you protect you or your business.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. ET
FAX: +1 (919) 490-2935
Incidents And Claims
Collect all relevant information and send it to DAN RRG. If the incident involves a fatality or serious bodily injury, contact us immediately.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. ET
Liability Insurance Resources
Subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations of DAN Risk Retention Group Policy PL110 (May 5, 2023), GL110 (May 1, 2023) and GPL110 (May 5, 2023). Coverage may vary and may not be available in all states, countries, or territories. Financing subject to loan approval. RRG-05012023-SPO